Six friends embarked on a two-month, 8,000 mile road trip across the United States. With cameras rolling, we set out find examples of people and organizations that were actively displaying the love of Jesus through the work and service they provide to their communities. The Following Jesus Project is a series of short documentary-style videos that showcases Jesus’ command to his followers, that we love our neighbors as we love ourselves. The community-driven goals of the people we encountered along our journey taught us that we don’t need to travel far to be missionaries. There is already an important mission field in each or our backyards.
Watch the trailer
View the road trip
We have so many people and organizations to thank for their support. The following organizations helped us along our way, either by putting our team up in a spare room, or giving us access to film their work. Not all organizations were able to be featured in the final product, but all played an important role in helping us complete this project. Without their help, this would not have been possible.
- Garfield Community Farm in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Hot Metal Bridge Faith Community in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Broad Street Ministry in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- The Simple Way in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- The Father’s Heart Ministries in New York, New York
- Atlanta Dream Center in Atlanta, Georgia
- St. Thomas House of Hospitality in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Keystone Project in Houston, Texas
- Sunshine Acres Children’s Home in Phoenix, Arizona
- Central City Community Outreach in Los Angeles, California
- Simple Church, World Impact Los Angeles in California
- City Team in San Francisco, California
- World Impact San Francisco in California
- Bay Community Fellowship in Oakland, California
Connect with us on Facebook!